We are excited to host our Summer Social event at the Happy Gnome in Saint Paul for the second year in a row. This event will provide an opportunity to socialize as well as discuss topics of interest in a casual "unconference" format. In addition, this year we will be partnering with Digital People to provide the opportunity to meet with industry experts who will offer guidance on resume writing and review portfolios. Even if you're not in job search mode, we encourage you to bring your resume and portfolio for discussion. This is an opportunity to network and to gain clarity and career insight.
We’ll start the night with discussions around:
- Iterative Design
- Lean UX
- Usability Benchmarking
- Omnichannel UX
The portfolio reviewers will be:
- Kristine Remer, UX Design Consultant at June UX
- Brant Day, UX Designer at The Nerdery
- Angela Tarvin, Principle UX Designer at Optum
- Fred Carpenter, Graduate Program Coordinator at Metro State University
- Lisa Larson, UX Analyst at the University of Minnesota (formerly with Monster.com)
Lots of appetizers will be provided, so come hungry. As an effort to reach out to new members, this event is free. Please share this invite and feel free to bring a friend. We’re looking forward to enjoying the summer with you!
When: Thursday, July 10, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Where: The Happy Gnome, upstairs Firehouse Room
Copyright © 2021 User Experience Professionals Association, Minnesota Chapter.