October Workshop Series: Human-Centered Design
- As a member benefit, this educational series is free to members. If you aren’t a member yet, you can join with registration.
- Limited to 60 participants due to the interactive nature of the sessions.
Join us on a journey to demystifying human-centered design and building products and services centered around people, especially in an agile work environment.
This workshop will focus on the value of putting humans at the center of every business and design decision to build better products that are more likely to get adopted and used. Topics will range from fundamentals on human-centered design and applying different methodologies during various phases of the product development lifecycle.
We will discuss the human information processing model and how knowledge about human capabilities and limitations play an important role in building better products. We will review various examples of how to apply these principles and best practices on UX teams.
- Understand the history of human-centered design
- How human-centered design fits into the product development lifecycle
- How UX research can be used to apply human-centered design principles
- Understanding cognitive capabilities and limitations
- The value of designing for differences
- Understand the human information processing model
- What is human error?
- Latent conditions in software development
Presenter: Sangam Napit is a human-centered design expert who has conducted workshops on that topic over the last few years for the energy industry with a major focus on safety and risk management.
He is currently building a re-imagined future for small business owners by identifying and setting product strategy, envisioning complex ecosystems, and inspiring teams to push the boundary of possibility. He has a demonstrated history of leading in multiple industries such as energy, retail, and financial services. He is skilled in Organizational Psychology, Human Factors, Ergonomics, Human-Centered Design, Entrepreneurship, and Team Building. He is a self-published author, a member at the Minneapolis City of Lakes Rotary, a mentor at Gener8tor and OnRamp Insurance Accelerator, and a contributor at Tech.MN.
Schedule: 5 Fridays in October, from 12 - 1 p.m. (CST) via Zoom
We will send a link to registrants prior to the event. It will include group activities and breakouts.
Location: Zoom Webinar
Join Slack channel: Stay connected with workshop participants before, during, and after by joining the #human-centered-design-workshop channel on UXPA-MN Slack. (Must be a member.)